I recently came across PETA’s SpicyBuffalo Cauliflower “Wings” while searching for the best Super Bowl vegan snacks. I took PETA’s recipe and started experimenting with it (using only water, using different types of non-dairy milk, using different types of flour). My Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower “Wings” are made with a combination of water, soy milk, garbanzo flour and spices. In my opinion, this is the best combination. I hope you enjoy it!
This is me in 2007, watching Super Bowl XLI, LIVE!. The American Football Conference Champion Indianapolis Colts played the National Football Conference Champion Chicago Bears under pouring rain. The Indianapolis Colts defeated the Bears 29–17.
I was invited to attending this game by one of my closest friends, an experience I will cherish FOREVER!
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets ( approx. 4-5 cups)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened non-dairy milk ( I use soy but almond will work too)
- 1 cup of garbanzo flour ( You can use gluten-free rice flour instead)
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of Tabasco Buffalo Style Sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Earth Balance Buttery Spread, melted
- 1 cup of vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened soy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of dill
- Whisk all ingredients together and chill before serving.
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- In a small bowl, combine the water, non-dairy milk, flour, garlic, paprika, cumin, salt. Whisk until well combined.
- Dip the cauliflower florets in the batter until coated evenly and place in a shallow baking dish. Bake for 18 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is baking, melt the buttery spread and mix with the buffalo sauce.
- Pour the hot sauce mixture over the baked cauliflower and continue baking for 8 minutes
- Serve with vegan ranch dressing and celery sticks.