I often get asked what I eat for breakfast. I have three go-to breakfast meals: Green smoothies (with either kale or spinach), gluten-free steel-cut oats and chia pudding. They are all easy to prepare and full of fiber and protein. Today, I am sharing my Vanilla Chia Pudding with Banana and Coconut.
I make this quite often with homemade non-dairy milk but you can also use store-bought almond or coconut milk, if you are pressured for time.
- 2 tablespoon of raw chia seeds
- 1 cup of non-dairy milk (coconut milk or almond milk, preferable) **
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of Organic Mushroom Matrix (optional)
- 1 medium banana
- 1 tablespoon of coconut flakes
- Place all the ingredients ( except for the banana and coconut) in a glass container. I like using Mason jars.
- Put in the fridge and allow to chill for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Top with some sliced bananas and coconut flakes
- In a blender, combine 1 cup of raw organic almonds or hazelnuts (already soaked overnight) with 4 cups of filtered water, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 2 dates and a pinch of salt.
- Blend all the ingredients for about 90 seconds, until creamy and smooth.
- Strain using a nut milk bag or cheesecloth.
- Transfer the milk to a glass container with a tight fitting lid, and refrigerate for up to 3 days.