♪ Talk to me, baby
I’m going after this sweet-sweet craving, whoa-oh
Let’s lose our minds and go crazy-crazy
I-I-I-I-I-I keep on hoping we’ll eat DATE TRUFFLES by the ocean ♪
These Raw Date Energy Truffles will jump-start your day. I usually eat them before my long runs on the weekends or as an afternoon snack to replenish my energy levels. For the endurance athletes out there, if you are looking for an alternative to GU Energy gels, Clif Bar Shot Bloks, etc… give this recipe a try! It will keep you going! Of course you don’t need to be an endorphin addict to enjoy these delicious energy truffles. My kids love it too!
- 20 medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup of raw almonds
- ½ cup of pecans
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- Soak the dates in hot water for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, grind the almonds and pecans until fine.
- Drain the dates and add to the food processor with the peanut butter, cocoa powder and vanilla extract. Process until the mixture forms a ball.
- Roll into small bite-size truffles.
- Roll the truffles in shredded coconut, chopped nuts or coconut powder.
- Let your date truffles refrigerate for an hour or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- It makes about 24 small truffles.