There is nothing sexier than a man who can cook! My husband is a creative cook that doesn’t follow recipe instructions but his own intuition. I take some credit for this, for all the years we spent together in the kitchen, cooking and sharing stories 😉 He always tells everyone “I might have learned how to cook from my wife but then I took her dishes to the next level”.
Being an intuitive creative cook has it’s advantages. My husband can whip up a delicious meal in no time. The disadvantage is that you don’t get to taste his most delicious creations twice. It always different (good but different) the second time around.
Yesterday, after devouring his Organic Red Lentil Mini Fettuccine with Soyrizo Ragu, I sat down with him and wrote down the recipe for posterity. I needed to be able to eat it again or I’ll die. Yes, it’s that good! Enjoy it!
- 1/2 package of Tolerant Organic Red Lentil Mini Fettucine Pasta ( 6 oz)
- 1/2 package (6 oz) of Trader Joe's Soy Chorizo
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium-size white onion, diced
- 1 medium-size shallots, diced
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1/2 medium-size green pepper, diced
- 6 small multicolor carrots, sliced ( approximately 3 cups)
- 1 red roasted pepper
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 6 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes
- 3.5 oz Organic tomato paste
- 3/4 cup of red wine
- Cook the pasta following package instructions. Reserve one cup of the cooking liquid and set aside. We used the brand Tolerant. It's vegan and gluten free. It has also 22 grams of protein per serving.
- In a medium heat pan, sauté the onions, shallots, garlic, green pepper and fresh cilantro with the extra virgin olive oil, garlic powder and smoked paprika.
- After the onions are beginning to caramelize, add red wine and a splash of the liquid from the roasted red pepper jar. Let it simmer for few minutes.
- Add the sliced carrots, sun-dried tomatoes, tomato paste and the soyrizo. Sautée for a couple of minutes.
- Add pre-cook pasta and stir for a couple of minutes. You can use the reserved pasta liquid to achieve desired consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with dill.
- Enjoy this delicious and nutritious, gluten-free vegan red lentil pasta dish!