After practicing yoga for almost 17 years, I just made the decision to enroll in the Yoga Teacher Training program at CorePower Yoga, starting this summer. It seems like all planets are finally aligning.
To celebrate, I am sharing my favorite smoothie recipe. I am calling it “It’s Mint To Be”. This is my go-to recovery drink after an intensive hot yoga class or long distance run.
It’s simple, cool, refreshing, delicious and nutritious. I promise you won’t taste the spinach at all!
- 1 cup of almond milk *
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 2 dates
- 1 large ripe banana, cut into chunks and frozen overnight
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon of peppermint extract**
- 1 teaspoon of Om, Organic Mushroom Nutrition Fit (optional) ***
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao nibs ( I like the brand Navitas)
- Combine all the ingredients in a high-speed blender, except the cacao nibs. Blend until smooth. Add the chocolate nibs and blend for 10 seconds to break them down.
- Pour into one large glass and garnish with mint leaves and chocolate nibs.
- Serve immediately.
- * For a nut-free version, use hemp milk and vanilla extract.
- ** You could use 1 drop of Young Living EO instead of the peppermint extract.
- *** OM: https://ommushrooms.com/mi/superfood-blends/fit.html
Love and Light!
~ Ciry at SunshineandKale